Sunday, July 19, 2009

July 18th nutrition and workout

I am posting this not a bit delayed from yesterday, but better late than never. The workout for today was Burn Circuit 3 and man, did it burn today. I increased the weight on almost every exercise and went to the required failure rep of 12 as well. What this means is that next week will be a bear. I will be increasing the weights again next week in an attempt to start failing at 10 reps. It's something to look forward to, I guess. Sometimes this fitness stuff can turn into more of a mental struggle than it can a physical one. It's not so much about the amount of weight but fighting with your mind that your body is capable of lifting that amount of weight. A great saying on the DVD is, "Give me 10% more, now." The battle that ensues is amazing. You fight with yourself about it, but in the end usually you have it to give. People usually give up WAY before their body's ever will. Finding that balance is one of the keys to reaching your goals.

As far as nutrition goes, it was a low day again. I was surprised by my sister and she took my son for a sleepover and left me to my own devices last night. It was a great time. I went to visit an old friend and catch-up, before I left I had my "dinner" and then headed off. I got home at around 11-ish and it was time for bed. I did not really feel hungry and therefore did not eat anything else. It happens and that's cool. Yes, eating on a planned schedule is a very good way to keep you on target with your nutrition. However the reality is that last night while I was having great conversation and listening to stories of old and new, the last thing on my mind was whether or not I got the right amount of protein, carbs and fat in for the day. I knew that up until going to my friends my intake for the day was pretty spot on. I wasn't hungry, so I did not eat. Simple. Again, find your balance, it's what will keep you doing this for a lifetime instead of 2 weeks.

Here's my intake for the day:





Keep your balance in your journey. Keep focused and the happiness will follow. One workout, one meal and one pound at a time.

All my very best,
Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home